Horrible customer service - broken phone
I used to love AT&T. Best phones, innovative, user friendly, great plans, affordable. And then today happened.
I've been having issues with my iPhone 5 not charging. Today it wouldn't charge at all. Wouldn't turn on. With my life basically on my phone I was cut off from all my contact information, banking information, and email. I survived the day and went straight to their store after work.
After explaining my problem to the clerk who was kind. I was told I could
- file an insurance claim (because the 2 yr warranty I PAID extra for hadn't expired), paying a minimum of $100 to get a refurbished version of the same phone. AND I wouldn't get it for TWO days
- drive 30 min to the nearest apple store, file an insurance claim there, get an in store replacement... But wait... They didn't have any in stock
- wait until the 7th of NEXT month when I'm eligible for an upgrade w a 2 yr contract. Yes. Less than three weeks away. And the phone I want under this option is $200
- if I wanted a phone today I'd have to pay $250 for an "early upgrade" in addition to signing a 2 yr contract and paying $200 for the phone. So a total of $450
- if I wanted a phone today I could do a payment plan, but then I'd have to pay the full cost of the phone broken down into 24 monthly payments. So a total $650
When I asked if an exception could be made so I could upgrade early I was told no because of all the options I have. REALLY. I paid for insurance. You have phones of my model IN STOCK. I pay at least $100 maybe $200, you don't know untill I call and file the claim and even THEN I go at least TWO days with out a phone! Let's ignore that I PAID for extra coverage, if I want to walk out with the same phone I have to pay 250 plus $1 (cost of iPhone 5 w/ another 2 yr contract per associate). And this one couldn't even make it two years!!!!
I'm not trying to get an iPhone 6. I needed a phone TODAY. When I walked out the door.
I was willing to sign another contract and pay $200 up front so I could walk out the door with a working phone! I pay my bills on time. I've had you for years. My contract EXPIRES in less than ONE month. I get a discount through my work from AT&T. But, I can also get one from VERISON.
Paying one more months bill to you is a lot cheaper than an "early upgrade". VERISON has the same phone!!
I asked the associate these questions. He asked his manager, who said no exception because of my "options". Yes. Options.
The option to tell my coworkers of the poor service I received at just one of the service providers we receive a DISCOUNT at!
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More AT&T reviews
- "We made a mistake, we'll get you back online in a week"
- AT&T nightmarish experience
- everyone at att
- everyone at att
- Customer Service
- AT&T has terrible customer service and bad products
- AT&T Complaint
- WHO CARES ABOUT AN OLD LADY IN A REST HOME?
- Rip Offs
- ATT complaints
- I quit. I'm tired of your subpar service
- Drafted my checking account for too much money
- AT&T customer service
- the worst comany ever!!!!!
- Radio Shack has horrible customer un-service
- Sprint sucks! Example: Sears broken washing machine
- Cheap Phone
- Horrible Service Department
- Broken item
- Nordic Track Warranty
- broken phone
- Horrible customer service and unrealistic promises regarding availability and delivery of furniture!
- broken chair
- Phone repairing
- Time Warner
- Worst Laptop & Customer Service Ever
- Cricket Broken Phone
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you